1. Collection of Personally Identifiable InformationWe collect personally identifiable information so as to provide and constantly enhance our products and services. The types of personal data we collect include:
a) Information you give us: We collect and store any information you provide us with, when you use the PotAfriq platform. As you browse some sections of our site without being a registered member, there are some activities that will require you to register. We collect information from our platform when you:
• search or shop for products or services in our stores;
• add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through potafriq.com;
• provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile ;
• offer your products or services on or through Amazon Services;
• communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
• complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
• participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
• provide and rate Reviews ;
• specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or
• employ Product Availability Alerts , such as Available to Order Notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
• identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
• payment information;
• your age;
• your location information;
• your IP address;
• people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
• content of reviews and e-mails to us;
• corporate and financial information;
• credit history information; and
• device log files and configurations, including Wi-Fi credentials.
b) Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of potafriq.com. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses potafriq.com.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
• the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
• login, e-mail address, and password;
• the location of your device or computer;
• device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
• version and time zone settings;
• purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Sellers ;
• the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
• phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
• images or videos when you shop in our store.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
c) Information from other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
• updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
• account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
• information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
• search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and
• credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through potafriq.com include:
• status of recent orders;
• your complete order history;
• personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
• payment settings (including payment card information, promotional certificate and gift card balances, and 1-Click settings);
• e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
• recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
• shopping lists and gift registries;
• your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
• content that you recently viewed;
• Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile);
• If you are a seller, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communications preferences, by updating your account in_____; (address)
2. For What Purposes Does PotAfriq Use Your Personal Information?We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
• Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
• Provide, troubleshoot, and improve PotAfriq. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of potafriq.com.
• Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with potafriq.com
• Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
• Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to PotAfriq via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
• Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
• Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, PotAfriq, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
• Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, recognize you as a member, enable you to use 1-Click purchasing, and provide other customized features and services.
• Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your preferences, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads. You may set your preferences through Your Account.
• Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
• Conducting research and diagnostics to improve PotAfriq's content, products, and services.
• Preventing fraudulent activity.
• Improving security.
• Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
• Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests.
4. Does PotAfriq Share Your Personal Information?Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below:
• Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services or products, provided by third parties for use through potafriq.com. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses, such as co-branded credit cards. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that potafriq.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of Amazon and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PotAfriq, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
5. How Secure Is Information About Me?We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind. • We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
• We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
• We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
6. What About Advertising?• Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: PotAfriq may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
• Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant PotAfriq ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers. You can however choose to opt out of interest-based advertising.
7. What Information Can I Access?You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, Prime membership, household settings, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website.
8. What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our customer service. • As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of PotAfriq’s services.
• You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in “What Information Can I Access”. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
• If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
• If you do not want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
• You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the PotAfriq website.
• If you are a seller, you can add or update certain information in Seller Central, update your account information by accessing your Seller Account Information, and adjust your e-mail or other communications you receive from us by updating your Notification Preferences.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
9. Are Children Allowed to Use
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided.
10. California Consumer Privacy Act
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the site [or our mobile application], you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the site [or our mobile application]. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the site [or our mobile application], but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
11. Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revision
If you choose to use potafriq.com, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of _______. If you have any concern about privacy at Amazon, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.